Our vision is to be the leading provider of quality and affordable water and sanitation services in Taita Taveta County.
To achieve this we need to strengthen our manpower resources and we are looking for suitable candidates for the position of:-
ASSISTANT TECHNICAL MANAGER
The Assistant Technical Manager will report to the Technical Manager.
Terms of Offer:
The job is on 3 years’ contract renewable based on performance. Remuneration shall be negotiable and within the Water Sector Regulations.
In liaison with the Technical Manager:
- Directing, coordinating, controlling and managing the company’s Technical operations and maintenance of infrastructure to ensure that water and sewerage services are provided to the required standards.
- Will take overall responsibility in maintaining of water service provision infrastructure in the County.
- Managing construction works, either by using external consultants or company resources.
- Management of company assets like plants and machinery through effective maintenance and repair.
- Developing programs that will ensure efficient utilization of assets and overall infrastructure.
- Establishment of necessary staffing needs for the department and ensuring there is well trained and efficient work force.
- Developing a customer focus programme on the provision of services by creating and maintaining good working relationship with them
- Developing departmental strategies, policies and plans to facilitate achievement of overall company objective.
- Ensuring compliance with legal statues and regulations set that Govern the water industry.
- Provide Technical guidance necessary in development of new products necessary in achieving Company strategies.
- Work with other Team members to ensure Non Revenue water is reduced to target levels.
- Preparation of project proposals and technical reports to the Technical manager.
- Must have Bachelor’s degree Civil/Mechanical/Water engineering from a recognized university and a registered engineer.
- Proficiency in computer applications, knowledge of Auto CAD will be an added advantage.
- Should have at least 3 years’ experience with utility operations and at least 1 year in senior management.
- Have demonstrated project management skills and hands on experience of managing contractors and consultants.
- A self-driven person with high need for achievement.
- Satisfy the requirements of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya on integrity.
Interested persons should submit their applications and curriculum vitae (CVs) indicating their qualifications for the position. They should attach copies of certificates and professional qualifications. The application should be sent in a plain and sealed envelope marked “Application for Assistant Technical Manager” and deposited or sent to Tavevo offices through the following addresses: –
The Managing Director
Tavevo Water & Sewerage Co. Ltd
- O. Box 6-80300
Or copied to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submission of applications is 8th March,2017