Our vision is to be the leading provider of quality and affordable water and sanitation services in Taita Taveta County.
To achieve this we need to strengthen our manpower resources and we are looking for suitable candidate for the position of:-
The Project Manager will report to the Technical Manager.
TERMS OF OFFER
The job is on 3 years’ contract renewable based on performance. Remuneration shall be negotiable and within the Water Sector Regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for overall management of the issues related to project cycle;
- Provide technical support in the implementation of project activities;
- Ensuring implementation of all useful recommendations made by consultants in the most cost-effective manner for the benefit of the Organization;
- Be a link between the Company and donor representatives on implementation of all donor supported project activities within the Organization;
- Implement continuous monitoring and evaluation of project activities to be within budget and time schedules and establish objective and effective communication flows among project stakeholders in line with contracts Memorandum of Understanding or Service Level Agreements (SLAs);
- Ensuring entrenchment of best practices imparted by new projects into the work culture of the Organization;
- Submit weekly updates and monthly and/or quarterly reports as stipulated in the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) or Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Ensuring that the company meets its obligations in Contracts and MOUs;
- Develop proposals to the donors for funding based on the unique needs of the Company;
- Facilitate project identification, design of appropriate interventions (include assignments and monitoring of the relevant work norms) and oversee implementation and monitoring to achieve project life cycle;
- Develop databases to improve management of data from Monitoring and & Evaluation
- Train, Coach and mentor project staff to achieve project objectives
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the management or any other supervisor appointed by the management.
- Minimum Diploma in Project management Or Civil /Water Engineering. Bachelor’s degree Civil/ Water engineering from a recognized university would be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in computer applications, knowledge of Auto CAD will be an added advantage.
- Should have at least 3 years’ experience with utility operations and at least 1 year in senior management.
- Have demonstrated project management skills and hands on experience of managing contractors and consultants.
- A self-driven person with high need for achievement.
- Satisfy the requirements of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya on integrity.
Interested persons should submit their applications and curriculum vitae (CVs) indicating their qualifications for the position.
They should attach copies of certificates and professional qualifications.
The application should be sent in a plain and sealed envelope marked “Application for Project Manager” and deposited or sent to Tavevo offices through the following addresses: –
The Managing Director
Tavevo Water & Sewerage Co. Ltd
- O. Box 6-80300
Or copied to email@example.com
The deadline for submission of applications is 8th March, 2017